Fillets of fresh snapper are coated with a mixture of pepper and herbs, then cooked at high heat until the coating blackens. The addition of chopped shrimp to the salsa garnish raises this entree above the everyday.
Blackened Snapper with Mango Peach Shrimp Salsa
- 2 tbsp red onion, minced
- 1 fully-cooked cocktail shrimp, diced
- 1 large snapper filet
- Blackening seasoning
- 1 lime, cut in half
- ½ cup La Mexicana Mango Peach Salsa
- Season fish with blackening seasoning.
- Grill or bake in 450F oven 10 – 12 min or until internal temperature reaches 160F.
- While fish is cooking: in small bowl, combine red onion, shrimp, mango peach salsa and half of the lime, squeezed.
- Place cooked fish on platter and top with mango shrimp salsa.
- Garnish with second half of lime.
- Servings: 2
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 30 Minutes